JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring that accounts and financial records meet established standards and criteria. Their duties include analyzing financial documents, recording, and verifying transactions. A Senior Accountant ensures the financial accounts of an organization meet the highest standards of integrity. They resolve financial discrepancies and locate areas of revenue loss within a company.
- Create and analyze liability, asset, and capital accounts by compiling electronic data and required documentation
- Summarize and prepare financial status and transactions reports, including a profit and loss statement, and other necessary reports
- Comply with all federal, state, and local protocols including legal requirements, and interpret new and existing legislation
- Create a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual for accounting policy and regulations, and roll out reconciliation procedures
- Monitor and maintain a new audit system by implementing new policies and procedures in the finance department
- Guide junior accountants and other staff by answering questions and coordinating informational classes
- Focus on tax compliance, state business registration, contract review, and non-profit tax filing
- Play a vital part in the company's financial team which includes all account reconciliations and reporting to necessary parties
- Perform any other functions, as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in similar position.
- Five years' experience working with intercompany transactions and reconciliation in preparation for audit.
- ERP systems knowledge, Sage/Timberline.
- E’Cms knowledge is a plus.
- Working knowledge of non-profit tax filing and tax compliance as it pertains to state and federal level regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of financial application security ensuring that all financial data is secure and complies with confidentiality policies.
- Required knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other applications related to finance and accounting.
- Must be an outstanding communicator, and have established skills in accuracy, organization, and working in a high-volume environment.
- Demonstrated ability to support all other departments within the company.
Nason Construction is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other applicable legally protected considerations made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.